Indonesia’s Largest Solar Farm: Key Opportunities and Challenges
Time & Location
About the Event
Keynote speech : Sugeng Parwoto | Head of Comission VII DPR RI
Op & Clos Statement : Eddie Widiono | Founder Prakarsa Jaringan Cerdas Indonesia
- Yalim Ozilhan | South East Asia Director - EDF Renewables
- Daniel Mallo | Managing Director - Head of Natural Resources and Infrastructure, Asia Pacific, Societe Generale
- Harris Yahya | Director-Directorate of Various New Energy & Renewable Energy
- Adhityani Putri | Indonesia Smart Energy Society (MECI)
- Irwanda Wisnu W | Young Researcher of Fiscal policy Agency & Vice of Indonesian Research Association
Indonesia has a target 23% from EBT proportion of total energy production in 2025 to achieved. The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources stated that needed 36.95 billion USD investment to achieve this target. In 2020 alone, an investment of 2 billion USD was expected. However, the trend in 2021 shows that the investment target was under threat due to the low interest in renewable energy investment in Indonesia and the COVID-19 pandemic conditions which make it difficult to build new power plant projects. Attracting investors shouldn't be a problem. Investment can occur when an investor sees that a field can generate profits. Then, why is it difficult to finance the EBT generation sector?
- To get the challenges in financing renewable energy development from the perspective of investors and developers also the support expected from regulators.
- To get reach encourage achievement of 23% NRE 2025 by Government’s related NRE plans and strategies.